- Published on Sunday, 05 August 2012 22:12
Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THIS TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING, REGISTERING TO USE OR USING THIS WEB SITE, YOU ("YOU" OR THE "MEMBER") ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS WEB SITE.
Fred M. Kray (hereinafter referred to as FMK) owns and operates Pit Bull Legal News Radio (hereinafter referred to as PBLNR) for informational purposes only and subject to the disclaimer contained herein and following terms and conditions:
1. Entire agreement. This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between the user and FMK/PBLNR and supersedes any and all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein.
2. Description of service: FMK/PBLNR provides each Member with various publishing and community services, including but not limited to the capability to post links and comments to a web page (the "Services"). Unless stated otherwise, any new features that enhances or otherwise changes the current Services shall be subject to this Agreement.
3. Modifications to Service and Terms of Service: FMKPBLN reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Services with or without notice to Member. FMKPBLN shall not be liable to Member or any third party should FMKPBLN exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Service. FMKPBLN also may change the terms and conditions of this Agreement from time to time. Changes in the terms and conditions of this Agreement will be incorporated in the Agreement posted herein. Member's continued use of the Services constitutes agreement by Member to abide and be bound by this Agreement and any modifications to this Agreement.
5. Content ownership: Unless stated otherwise on the PBLNR web site, Member will retain copyright ownership and all related rights for information he or she authors and publishes through PBLNR or otherwise enters into the FMK/PBLNR Services. In exchange for the publishing services provided by FMK/PBLNR, Member agrees to grant a perpetual, worldwide, nonterminable license to FMK/PBLNR to use all content Member publishes through PBLNR without further permission or remuneration, including the right to create derivative works and re-use in other media. Members are not allowed to use the PBLNR name in commercial activity without prior written consent of PBLNR.
6. Content Responsibility: Member acknowledges and agrees that FMK/PBLNR neither endorses the contents of any Member communications nor assumes responsibility for any threatening, libelous, obscene, harassing or offensive material contained therein, any infringement of third party intellectual property rights arising therefrom or any crime facilitated thereby.
7. Link disclaimer: This web site contains links to web sites maintained by third parties. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. FMK/PBLNR does not operate or control in any respect any information, software, products or services available on such web sites. FMK/PBLNR's inclusion of a link to a web site does not imply any endorsement of the services or the site, its contents, or its sponsoring organization. If you decide to access other web sites, you do so at your own risk.
8. Member Conduct: You understand that all information, data, links, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not FMK/PBLNR, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Services. FMK/PBLNR does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
You agree to not use the Services to: (a) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (b) harm minors in any way; (c) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, FMK or an FMK/PBLN official, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (d) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); (e) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; (f) upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (g) interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services; (h) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law; (i) "stalk" or otherwise harass another; (j) collect or store personal data about other users; or (k) promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals.
9. Promoting products: You agree not to promote, market or otherwise advertise ("Promote" or a "Promotion") any product or service on PBLNR without the express written consent of FMK/PBLNR.
10. Content submitted to PBLNR: FMK/PBLNR does not claim ownership of the Content or links you place on the PBLNR site. FMK/PBLNR may quote or reproduce your content (if you have made it public), in whole or in part to promote PBLNR Services. You acknowledge that FMK/PBLNR does not pre-screen Content or links, but that FMK/PBLNR shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content or links that are available via the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, FMK/PBLNR shall have the right to remove any Content or links that violate this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content and links, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content and links.
11. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and hold FMK and/or FMK/PBLNR, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your Content or links, your use of the Services, your violation of the this Agreement, or your violation of any rights of another.
12. No resale of service: You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services.
13. Member accounts, password and security: Once you become a member, you shall receive a password and an account. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under your account. You may change your password at any time; you may also set up a new account and close an old one at your convenience. Member agrees to immediately notify PBLNR of any unauthorized use of Member's account or any other breach of security known to Member.
14. Termination: You agree that FMK/PBLNR, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password and use of the Services, and remove and discard any Content or link within the Services, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if FMK/PBLNR believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. FMK/PBLNR may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Services under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that FMK/PBLNR may immediately deactivate or delete your information and files and/or bar any further access to such files or the Services. Further, you agree that FMK/PBLN shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Services.
15. FMK/PBLNR proprietary rights: You acknowledge and agree that the Services and any necessary software used in connection with the Services ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that information presented to you through the Services is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by FMK/PBLNR, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Services or the Software, in whole or in part.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties: MEMBER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT MEMBER'S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. FMK/PBLNR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FMK/PBLNR MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR MAKES ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
MEMBER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT MEMBER'S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT MEMBER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO MEMBER'S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. FMK/PBLNR MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY MEMBER FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. Limitation of liability: FMK/PBLNR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF MEMBER'S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF MEMBER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
18. Storage and other limitations: FMK/PBLNR assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store information entered into PBLNR. FMK/PBLNR retains the right, at FMK/PBLNR's sole discretion, to determine whether or not Member's conduct is consistent with the letter and spirit of this Agreement and may terminate Services if a Member's conduct is found to be inconsistent with this Agreement.
19. Notice: All notices to a party shall be in writing and shall be made either via email or conventional mail. FMK/PBLNR may distribute notices or messages through the Services to inform Member of changes to this Agreement, the Services, or other matters of importance; such distribution shall constitute notices to Member.
20. Injuntive relief: You acknowledge that a violation or attempted violation of this Agreement will cause such damage to FMK/PBLNR as will be irreparable, the exact amount of which would be difficult to ascertain and for which there will be no adequate remedy at law. Accordingly, you agree that FMK/PBLNR shall be entitled as a matter of right to an injunction issued by any court of competent jurisdiction, restraining such violation or attempted violation of these terms and conditions by you, or your affiliates, partners, or agents, as well as recover from you any and all costs and expenses sustained or incurred by FMK/PBLNR in obtaining such an injunction, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of litigation and investigation. You agree that no bond or other security shall be required in connection with such injunction.
21. Laws. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, Alachua County. You and FMK/PBLNR agree to submit to the exclusive personal and subject matter jurisdiction and venue of the courts located within Alachua County, Florida.
22. General provisions: If any provision(s) of this Agreement are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect. FMK/PBLNR's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by FMK/PBLNR in writing. Member and FMK/PBLNR agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to these Services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. The section titles in this Agreement are solely used for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or other services, third-party content or third-party software. If FMK/PBLNR takes any action to enforce this Agreement, FMK/PBLNR, if the prevailing party, will be entitled to recover from you, and you agree to pay, all reasonable and necessary attorneys' fees and any cost of litigation and investigation, in addition to any other relief, at law or in equity, to which FMKPBLN may be entitled.
23. Violations: Please report any violations of this Agreement to the e-mail address
24. Copyright and trademark: Web site copyright notice: Copyright (c) 2012 PitBulletinLegalNewsRadio.com. All rights reserved.
This web site is the copyrighted property of FMK/PBLNR. Unauthorized use of this Web site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials, and you must not alter, obscure or obliterate any of such notices.
25. Notice of infringement. If you believe that your intellectual property right (or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any Content or links on this web site, please write to FMK/PBLNR at the address shown below, giving a written statement containing (i) identification of the copyrighted work or intellectual property right that you believe to be infringed, (ii) identification of the Content or links on this web site that you request be removed, (iii) your name, address, and daytime telephone number and e-mail address if available, (iv) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work or the intellectual property right is not authorized by its owner, its agent, or applicable law, (v) a statement that the information in your statement is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right you believe to be infringed, and (vi) the signature of the owner of the right that you believe to be infringed or a person authorized to assert such infringement on behalf of the owner. Subject to FMK/PBLNR's investigation and review of such claim, FMK/PBLNR will remove any Content or links on this web site that infringe the copyright or other intellectual property right of any person under United States law upon receipt of such a statement. Statements of infringement under this section should be submitted to Fred M. Kray, Pit Bulletin Legal News Radio, P.O. Box 141293, Gainesville, Florida, 32614-1293.